March 3rd 2018
March 4th 2018
Parade Sideshow at Mardi Gras Parade
Surry Hills NSW 2010
PRESENTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ABSOLUT VODKA
Take your spot and enjoy an unparallelled view of the Parade in our family-friendly area. There’s a choice of either seated or standing access, each with exclusive access to bars, great food stalls, live screens, bathrooms and delightful hosts Portia Turbo and Andrew Mercardo who’ll give you an outrageous running commentary as the Parade rolls past.
Take the hassle out of Mardi Gras and join us at Sideshow… you’ll be glad you did!
SIDESHOW TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT. Thank you to everyone who booked - see you there on Saturday 3 March!
PLEASE NOTE: Only official ticket outlets and links announced and provided here on mardigras.org.au are authorised to sell tickets. Sites such as Viagogo and Ticketmaster Resale are NOT authorised to sell Mardi Gras tickets.
INFO FOR TICKETHOLDERS
TRANSPORT AND GETTING THERE
ROAD CLOSURES AND TIMES
Major city road closures will be in place from 3pm, and reopening from 4am Sunday. Allow extra time to arrive at Sideshow, we highly recommend leaving your car at home on the night.
ACCESSIBLE SHUTTLE SERVICE
- A complimentary shuttle bus service will be available to all Sideshow ticketholders
- The pre-parade bus schedule is from 5pm until 7:30pm, picking up from Foveaux St at corner of Terry St – this is a 1 minute walk from Central Station (Elizabeth St exit) and will drop off at the corner of Albion St and Bourke St, a 2 minute walk to the Sideshow entrance
- The post-parade bus schedule is from 10pm until 11:59pm, picking up from Albion St at corner of Bourke St – this is a 2 minute walk from the Sideshow entrance, and will drop off at the corner of Foveaux St & Terry St, a 1 minute walk to Central Station (Elizabeth St exit)
- Two shuttle buses will operate on a rotating loop, and both will be wheelchair accessible
- Passengers must present their Sideshow ticket for entry onto the shuttle bus
- Museum Station will close from 5pm Saturday until 4am Sunday
- Central Station is the closest if arriving by train, and approximately a 20 minute walk to Sideshow
- Extra trains and buses will run all night, allow extra time to arrive as there will be changes to usual routes
- Plan your trip at www.transportnsw.info
TRAVEL BY CAR, TAXI, UBER
- Guests can be dropped off and picked up on the corner of Crown St & Albion St, which is a 5 minute walk to Sideshow
- If you have notified Mardi Gras of your access needs, you will collect your wristband via the Accessible Viewing entrance queue, which will allow you to enter the accessible viewing platform in Sideshow
ENTRY AND TICKETS
ENTRY AND ADMISSION
The entry point for Sideshow is the corner Flinders St & Albion St. All tickets will be scanned – to avoid delays, please ensure you have your phone and/or printed ticket ready to present. Upon arrival, please head to the relevant queue:
- Grandstand Seating
- General Admission – Standing
- Accessible Viewing
If you have misplaced your Sideshow tickets, visit the Eventbrite website and log in using the email you used to purchase your tickets. Click the profile drop down menu and select ‘Tickets’, where you can select your order and download a PDF of your ticket.
FOOD AND DRINK
Sideshow provides exclusive access to gourmet food stalls, and private bars. As a licensed venue, no food or drink from outdoor vendors is allowed into the venue.