2016 Fair Day Application Process
After your application has been submitted, you will receive an email to confirm we have received it. Once the Fair Day Team has reviewed the application they will contact you with any questions and forward you any required documentation.
Please note, payment will be due once your application has been received and approved by the Fair Day team. Failure to pay your invoice by the specified date may invalidate your participation at Fair Day.
- Please enter ALL contact details for your organisation.
- As our volunteers are only available in the evenings to process your application, please provide us with an evening phone number.
- Our primary method of communication with you will be via email. As far as possible, Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras would like to use email as a means of communication with applicants and Stallholders. We provide confirmation documents and bump in details via email.
- Please review the map in this Application Pack for details of the proposed park layout, and indicate the areas of the Park that you would prefer to locate your stall/s. This information will assist with the allocation of stalls – if you have any other requests regarding location, please note them in the ‘comments’ section of the application. Note: If there are not enough places to satisfy all requests (allocated on first come first served basis), Stallholders will be placed in an alternate position.
On Site Electricity
- If you require electricity please advise the EXACT number of outlets you need based on the number of electrical appliances & stalls you have.
- Make certain you know how much power your machines require and plan properly for the number that can operate from one power board.
- As there are only a limited number of powered sites available, stalls requiring power will be grouped together.
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that all electrical appliances, cables and leads on site are appropriately tagged by a qualified electrician in advance. SGLMG Production will conduct random inspections of stalls to ensure compliance with this important request.
Stalls & Structures
- If you wish to use your own tent/stall, you must ensure it is no wider than 3m x 3m.
- Stallholders must also have current engineering certificates available on request. SGLMG Production will conduct random inspections of stalls to ensure compliance with this important request.
- No holes or pegs are permitted on the park surface and all structures must be self standing and suitably weighted.
Standard Market Stall configuration is within a 3m x 3m space as per the following diagrams:
- If you have any special requirements or you wish to use props like a motorcycle, you MUST indicate this in the special requirements section of the application.
- There is NO PARKING available onsite
Sponsors / Branding / Handouts or Giveaways
As SGLMG relies on sponsors/partners to support our fundraising events such as Fair Day, it is important that we identify as early as possible any potential issues or conflicts between our sponsors and our Stallholders. If you have ANY sponsorship or advertising arrangements please indicate this so that we can resolve any issues well in advance. Stallholders should note that Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras’ arrangements with its partners will take precedence over individual Stallholders product or service displays at Fair Day, and we will request modification to the appearance of your stall or the range of products you are selling on the day if we find they are in conflict with our contractual arrangement
Food Stall Holders
- All food stallholders must comply with the requirements of the City of Sydney for operating a food stall.
- City of Sydney Council officers will be present to inspect food stalls on Fair Day.
- The City of Sydney requires all food stallholders to store food in a cool room if stalls are operating for more than 3 hours.
- Share cool rooms will be available for hire.
- The selection of food stalls will be made as soon as possible and successful applicants will be notified.
QUESTIONS? Please contact our team who will be happy to assist you.