Festival Event Registration
The 41st Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Festival starts on Friday 15 February, running through until Sunday 3 March 2019.
We welcome you to register your festival event and be part of the festival celebrations. Registration for events is open until Thursday 24 January 2019.
Alongside our curated program of events we umbrella a vibrant and diverse program of events and activities, that represent and celebrate LGBTQI culture in all its forms. We aim to present a well-rounded, accessible and comprehensive Festival program appealing to a wide range of interests.
Program categories include Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Music Events, Parties, Sporting Events, Community Events, Family Events and Talks/Workshops.
We seek applications from community groups, arts organisations, artists, venues, independent and commercial producers who would like to register their event as part of the 2019 Mardi Gras Festival.
We require you to supply all Marketing Materials at the same time as your applications are submitted.
Registrations for PREMIER EVENTS are now closed.
Your event will be listed on the Mardi Gras Website - $225 incl gst
Standard Event Registrations include:
- Event page on the Mardi Gras website in the Festival section, with full details of your show and link to your ticketing page
- At least one social media mention
- Inclusion in What’s On Today section of the Mardi Gras website on the dates of your event in Season.
Application Terms and Conditions:
When completing your application you must tell us the type of organisation you are by selecting a category listed below. You must satisfy the condition of being an LGBTQI-related event.
A. LGBTQI Organisers
- An event by a LGBTQI person, a group primarily involving LGBTQI people or an LGBTQI organisation.
- Your event may be of any kind as long as there are LGBTQI people in key roles.
B. Non-LGBTQI Organisers
- An event by individuals or organisations that are not part of the LGBTQI community.
- Your event must be themed around, support and/or celebrate the rights, achievements, culture and aspirations of the LGBTQI community.
If your event is a dance party that may conflict with the Mardi Gras Party or Laneway events, Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras (SGLMG) reserves the right to not accept the registration as a Premier event.
SGLMG reserves the right to not accept an application if your event does not meet either of the above criteria.
If SGLMG accept your application you will be sent further information regarding payment details.
Registrations have now closed.
The online Event Registration form has an area for you to upload your images. If you have any issues loading your images, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR SUPPLIED MARKETING IMAGE MUST BE:
- Landscape dimensions - 3000 px by 2000 px at 300 dpi
- Please note your image may be cropped.
- We are unable to accept logos or text in your hero image.
- You can provide more than one image to represent your event. These may be included on our website event gallery.