MARDI GRAS PARTY IS ALMOST HERE!
With just one more sleep left until we throw open the gates for Mardi Gras Party '16, we've put together some information to help you have the best possible experience. The weather looks great with lots of sunshine and a top of 29 degrees forecast for the day.
Keep reading to view the venue map and important conditions of entry for the event.
We are fortunate to enjoy this party at one of Sydney’s best venues and enjoy priority access to its fantastic facilities. To ensure our good relationship continues for a long time, it is essential that all guests respect the rules designed to keep everyone safe. Thank you all in advance for your cooperation.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry is restricted to ticketed guests aged 18 years and older only.
- Please present a print-out of your ticket or display the ticket on your smart phone screen for scanning at the gate entry point.
- If you have purchased a Concession ticket, please ensure you have your valid identification ready for fast verification and entry into the Party.
- You'll be given a wristband upon entry.
- If you have a question or problem with your ticket, our Guest Services team will be happy to help.
- If you have a ticket for collection, please go to the Party Box Office located near the entry gates on Driver Avenue, before you come to the entry gates.
- As with most big parties, you can expect to see Police and drug detection dogs. They may be present at the entrance and inside the party. Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras does not support illegal drug use or possession. Weigh up the risks if you are thinking of using illegal substances.
- Fair Play is an initiative to inform, support and educate members of the LGBTQI community on health, safety and rights issues when attending Mardi Gras events. Fair Players will be at the entrance to provide support and information to partygoers. Click here for more information about Fair Play.
- Our security personnel are there to make Mardi Gras Party safe for everyone. You may encounter pat-downs, bag searches and be asked to turn out your pockets.
- Liquids of any kind (including eye drops, perfumes and nasal sprays) are not permitted.
- If you require eye drops, our Medical team will provide these.
- If you have prescription medication, please declare this on entry and ask for a medical representative. Guests confidentiality will be protected.
- No BYO drinks of any kind.
- No glass, weapons, large umbrellas, inflatables, selfie sticks or portable seats are permitted.
- No commercial cameras or video cameras are permitted.
- By entering this event you consent to being filmed and/or photographed which may be used for promotional purposes.
- There are strictly no pass-outs.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person.
GETTING TO THE PARTY
- Walk or take a taxi to Playbill Venues and The Entertainment Quarter at Moore Park.
- There is a parking station at The Entertainment Quarter, but we advise you to leave the car at home and use public transport.
- For information on public transport go to www.transportnsw.info or call the 131 500 Transport Info Line.
SERVICES AT THE PARTY
- Look after your belongings by checking them into the Cloakroom, located to the right as you pass through the entry gates. The cloakroom is run by the Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby and your cloakroom fee is a donation to help them continue their important work.
- Pass-outs are NOT available and re-entry will not be permitted.
- Toilets are located within the venues
- There are bars located within each venue
- The Medical team is located on the northern side of the Hordern Pavilion, in the same area as past years.
- If you or a friend need assistance, or if you see someone in trouble, contact any ACON rover or member of security - they are in radio contact with the medical teams and will call for assistance. It is important to let ACON Rovers and Medical staff know if they have used any drugs or alcohol. Rovers and medical staff treat this information as confidential.
- Lost Property will be retained and will be available for collection after the Party on Tuesday 10 March from 10am. Please call 02 9383 0900 to check that we have your missing items prior to coming to the office.
AFTER THE PARTY
- The best place to get a taxi or hire car is on Driver Avenue, there will be a taxi rank at the southern end of Driver Avenue (to the right as you exit the Party gates).
- If you are walking, please stay with your friends and look after each other.
- Please let your friends know if you are leaving with someone you've met at the Party, or are going home alone.
DJ Set Times
- 10.00pm to 12.00am - Kitty Glitter (AUS)
- 6.00am to 8.00am - Mark Alsop (AUS
- 10.00pm - Rado (NL)
- 1.00am - Colin Gaff (AUS)
- 4.00am - Ben Manson (FR)
Royal Hall of Industries
- 10.00pm - Tanner Derrby (AUS) Vs Seismic (AUS)
- 12.30am - Dirty Pop (USA)
- 3.00am - Tracy Young (USA)
- 5.30am - Mark Pichiotti (AUS)
Max Watts (old Hi-Fi)
- 10.00pm - Maze & Masters (UK)
- 11.50pm - YO! MAFIA (AUS)
- 1.40am - Haylenise (AUS)
- 3.30am - Victoria Anthony (AUS)
- 5.20am - Buck Naked (AUS)
- Deborah Cox
- Conchita Wurst
- Courtney Act
- Okenyo + Community Dancers
- + Surprise Pop Up Performances All Night Long!