Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified candidates to join our Membership Committee.
This Committee exists to ensure that Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras keeps a focus on Membership governance, engagement, development and consultation.
The Membership Committee comprises two SGLMG Board Directors, one SGLMG Staff member and three to four volunteers with expertise in one or more of the Committee’s focus areas.
Focus areas include:
1. Review of administrative processes to identify areas of improvement on how Membership is managed.
2. Ongoing assessment of Constitution to ensure it delivers best outcomes for the Members while complying with relevant laws and regulations.
3. Continuous engagement of the Membership to keep members informed. Identify areas and methods to provide additional benefits to Members.
4. Develop current Membership spectrum to improve diversity representation especially among the less engaged demographics.
5. Maintain and improve channels of communication and opportunities for ongoing input and contribution from the Members.
The Membership Committee will meet monthly. Its members are to subscribe to the terms of SGLMG Code of Conduct and to the values of the SGLMG’s ICARE policy.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a short statement about their experience and how they can contribute to the Committee's focus. Applicants should also provide a one page CV. Membership of Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras preferred.
The Committee strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Trans* and intersex individuals, and people with disability.
For more information about the Membership Committee or to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Membership Committee Co-Chairs: Giovanni Campolo-Arcidiaco and Kat Dopper.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 29th June 2018.