Thank you for joining us at the 2018 Mardi Gras Party, this SATURDAY 3 MARCH from 10PM to SUNDAY 4 MARCH at 8AM. We can’t wait for you to join us at our iconic, world-renowned event, celebrating one of our biggest Parties in 40 years.
Please read the guide below for all the information you need about this SOLD OUT event. See you on the dancefloor!
TRANSPORT AND GETTING THERE
ROAD CLOSURES AND TIMES
• Driver Ave will be closed from 6:30pm Saturday 3 March until 10:00am Sunday 4 March, while Errol Flynn Blvd will be closed at Park Road South from 8:00pm Saturday 3 March until 10:00am Sunday 4 March.
• If you are arriving from the Parade, be mindful of extensive city road closures until 4:00am on Sunday morning
• Playbill Venues, Fox Studios is a 30 minute walk from Central Station, or a number of regular buses depart from Central and stop along Anzac Pde or Lang Rd
• Allow extra time to arrive at the Party, as there will be changes to usual routes
• Plan your trip at www.transportnsw.info
ARRIVAL BY CAR, TAXI, UBER
• Guests can be dropped off on Park Road South, which can be accessed by turning onto Errol Flynn Blvd from Lang Rd and then right onto Park Road South.
• Guests will need to walk down Errol Flynn Blvd, turn right on Lang Road, then right again onto Driver Ave to access the main Party entry.
• No car pick-ups (including Uber pick-ups) are possible before 1am on Sunday 4 March. After 1am, cars will be able to pick up on Driver Ave just north of Gate D (near the Hordern Pavilion). Cars will need to drive down Driver Ave from Moore Park Rd.
• Taxi pick-ups are not possible before 2am on Sunday 4 March. After 2am, taxis will be able to pick up from the southern end of Driver Ave where there will be a taxi rank. Taxis will enter and exit Driver Ave via Lang Rd.
• Mardi Gras Party is a wheelchair accessible event, please call 02 9921 5332 to advise of any access requirements.
• Auslan Interpreters will be on-stage signing for performances in the Royal Hall of Industries.
ENTRY AND TICKETS
ENTRY AND ADMISSION
Ticketholders can enter Party via the main entrance on Driver Ave. There are eleven lanes to enter including VIP lanes, all tickets will be scanned – to avoid delays, please ensure you have your phone and/or printed ticket ready to present.
Mardi Gras Party is an 18+ event, and photo identification is required for ALL patrons. Please ensure you have a valid Driver’s License, Passport or Photo Card – failure to do so could mean no entry into the event. If you’re transitioning and your ID doesn’t match your dress/physical appearance, don’t feel embarrassed, our security team are here to support you in this situation. They aren't checking ID against the names printed on the entry ticket though, so don't worry if they don't match.
PRINT AT HOME, MAIL AND MOBILE TICKETS
If you have received your tickets via mail, selected the Print-at-Home option or chose E-Ticket, you can make your way straight to one of the eleven entrance lanes with your phone and/or printed tickets ready on display.
VENUE COLLECTION TICKETS
If you selected ‘Venue Pickup’ your tickets will be available for collection from the Box Office located on Driver Ave.
If you have misplaced your Party tickets, visit the Ticketek website and log in using the email you used to purchase your tickets. Visit your ‘Order History’ and you can opt to download a PDF of your ticket, or have it sent to your mobile.
BAG SEARCHES & PAT DOWNS BY SECURITY
Bag search procedures and pat downs will be implemented by security on entry to ensure that illicit, dangerous and suspicious items are not brought into the event site.
There will be a police presence throughout the Party site to ensure the safety of our patrons. They will be conducting drug searches, including roaming with sniffer dogs.
FAIR PLAY is an LGBTIQ community initiative to help party-goers understand their legal rights and how to keep safe during the Mardi Gras Festival. It is coordinated by Inner City Legal Centre, ACON and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. The Fair Players are a team of specially trained volunteers who are on site at the Mardi Gras party to share legal and safety information, monitor the operations of police and provide support to people who have been searched or questioned by police.
Fair Players will be filming police activity at the Mardi Gras party, will have referral information on hand and will be able to assist you to book an appointment for free legal advice in the week following the party.
For information relating to Fair Play or your rights visit: http://www.fair-play.org.au/
ACON will be looking out for our community by providing Safe Sex Tradies, Drug Rovers and an Information Desk at this year’s Mardi Gras Party. The Tradies will greet punters as they arrive and hand out free condoms, lube and safe sex info, the Rovers will be on hand all through the night to assist if any party goers need a rest, some water or medical attention and our Info desk in the foyer of the Horden Pavilion will provide mobile phone charging and information about the Party.
FIRST AID & MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
Look after your friends. Stay hydrated. Pace yourself. If you need medical help, our Medical team is located on the northern side of the Hordern Pavilion (in the same area as past years).
If you or a friend need assistance, or if you see someone in trouble, contact any ACON rover or member of security. ACON wear bright pink vests and are in radio contact with medical teams so can call for assistance. It is important to let ACON Rovers and Medical staff know if any drugs or alcohol have been used. Rovers and medical staff treat this information as confidential.
Please use the bathroom you feel most suits your personal identity.
There will be a cloak room at the Party and the cost is $6 per item. Eftpos facilities will be available at the cloak room. The cloakroom is run by the Metropolitan City Church - home to a congregation that is 98% LGBTIQ for well over 40 years - and your cloakroom fee is a donation to help them continue their important work.
Any lost property will be located at the cloakroom, and managed by the Metropolitan City Church after the event. Please call the Metropolitan City Church
There are 5 ATMs onsite, located in Royal Hall of Industries, Hordern and PJ Gallagher’s.
• Cher will perform in the Royal Hall of Industries sometime between 12:30am – 2:30am. Times are subject to change on the night.
• Once the RHI is at capacity, entry will operate on a ‘1 out, 1 in’ basis.
• A screen will be set up in the Hordern Pavilion so you can watch Cher’s performance if you are unable to make it into the RHI.
• Over 20+ local and international DJs will take to our Party stages across 10 hours, plus an array of special performers. See the Set Times here!
• Party is taking over 8 different event areas, including 5 dedicated dance spaces – take notice of maps and signage to ensure you explore the entire venue, as there are many surprises to be discovered on the night. See the Party Map below.