Applications are now open for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade Grants supported by Google Australia in 2023.
The grants are designed to support parade entries that make a significant and meaningful contribution to the LGBTQIA+ community by awarding grants of $5,000 to not-for-profit organisations, charities, community groups and individuals. If successful, funds can be used to cover travel expenses, rehearsal or float production, costumes, decorating or construction materials etc.
There will be 12 x $5,000 grants available for provision by Google Australia to community groups.
- Submissions Open: Monday, 24 October, 2022
- Submission Close: Monday, 14 November, 2022
Please ensure that you read the Terms & Conditions before applying for a grant – as submitting an application constitutes acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Submitting an application via this form is an acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
Not for profit organisations, community groups and individuals whose application to march in the 2023 Parade has been successful.
Mardi Gras Parade Grants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Benefit that the Parade entry brings to the LGBTQIA+ community
- Demonstrated capacity for the applicant to deliver the entry
- Demonstrated budgeting and project planning
- Demonstrated ability of the Parade Grant proposal in clearly communicating overall concept, value to the LGBTQIA+ community, and proficient inclusion of project detailing
- Ensuring grants are distributed equitably across the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex communities
- Ensuring grants are distributed equitably across a range of locations
- Ensuring grants are distributed equitably across a range of intersecting demographics, including race and socioeconomic. First Nations and Aboriginal organisations are encouraged to apply.
Grants will not support:
An entrant will not be eligible if any of the following apply:
- Are a commercial business activity
- Are a government organisation
- Seeking a grant for any project other than a 2023 Parade entry
We recommend that you take the time to thoroughly fill out your application and provide as much detailing as possible.
We need enough detail regarding the impact of your Parade entry, and overall concept, to enable the grants committee to make the most informed decision as possible.
The grant budget is limited and unfortunately not all applications can be funded. The grants committee have the difficult task of choosing between many high calibre applications.
Grant submissions can be up to the amount of $5,000. However, if your proposal requires less funds than the $5,000, please notify us of this in your submission. Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras and Google Australia will then re-allocate funding to a new group, to ensure funds continue to be invested into new areas of the Community.
Please note that a current ABN is required to pay your grant, if successful.
When completing the financial section of your application, please ensure that your expenditure quotes are realistic.
All Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade Grants, supported by Google Australia, recipients are required to acknowledge Sydney Mardi Gras and Google support in marketing and promotional activity, including social media, using the tag line:
[Organisation or Individual’s Name] is a proud recipient of a Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade Grant supported by Google Australia.
This may be a line acknowledgement only; logo acknowledgement is not necessary. Grant recipients are required to demonstrate acknowledgement in grant acquittals.
All Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade Grants supported by Google Australia recipients are also required to post on either their Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account to announce their winning of the grant, tagging Google and Sydney Mardi Gras and using the hashtag #MardiGrasGoogleParadeGrant.
Submissions for grants commence on the 24 Oct, 2022 and closes on the 14 Nov, 2022.
Successful applications will be notified of their application outcome and a request of invoice so they can have funds deposited into their account once advice of the grant has been confirmed with the recipient.
Application outcomes will be announced by email in later 2022. Winning entrants may also be promoted on Google and Sydney Mardi Gras social media channels.
Successful applicants will need to submit a project acquittal within 14 days of receiving the form. Acquittal forms will be sent by Sydney Mardi Gras no longer than 30 days post-event.