Design with Mardi Gras – Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter and the prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The Promoter is Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, ABN 87 102 451 785 (“Promoter”) of Level 2, 81 – 83 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia (“Promoter’s Offices”).
3) Participation in the Promotion is open to all persons who comply with the how to enter requirements.
4) Participation in this Promotion is open to all people who: (a) are 16 years or older, (b) complete the Promotion entry task, and (c) provide requested contact or other information and comply with the Promotion’s how to enter requirements (“Eligible Persons”).
5) The promotion starts on Thursday 2 June 2022 and closes 11:59pm on Tuesday 14 June 2022. (“Promotion Period”).
How to Enter
6) To participate in the Promotion each Eligible person must:
- Utilise the Canva design platform to create an artwork aligned with ‘Design with Mardi Gras’:
- The artwork must be inspired by Mardi Gras’ upcoming 44th anniversary to celebrate the diversity of LGBTQIA+ communities
- The artwork must be shared via Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter as an in-feed post and/or story tagging @sydneymardigras and #DesignWithMardiGras
- All design elements must come from Canva
- No copyright infringement
- No adult content
Determination of Winners and Notification
7) A winning person will receive 1 x 12-month Canva Pro License, a $100 print voucher and an additional Canva merchandise pack, which can be – but is not limited to – a pride t-shirt, a drink bottle and a tote bag e.t.c at the discretion of The Promoter
8) The prize winners shall be selected by The Promoter from all valid entries; winning entries will be judged on their creativity and ability to reflect Mardi Gras’ 44th anniversary into the final
9) The winners will be notified via social media on Thursday 16 June 2022.
10) Where the Promoter has taken all reasonable steps to notify a winner of the prize without success the prize will be held for 72 hours and if unclaimed, it will be retracted. The Promoter will then award the prize to the next Eligible Person who has complied with the How to Enter requirements. This winner will be notified via social media.
Privacy and Use of Information
11) The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) from entrants to conduct this Promotion and may disclose this PI with regulatory authorities and relevant third parties, including its related entities and the prize suppliers. The Promoter may use this PI for promotional, marketing, research and profiling purposes (including sending electronic messages to or phoning entrants) in accordance with the law and their respective privacy policies. Please see https://www.mardigras.org.au/site-terms-privacy for the Promoter’s policy.
General Matters and Exclusion of Liability
12) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants and disqualify any entrant who submits and entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
13) The Promoter reserves the right to retract the prize should the application be deemed as dishonest, inaccurate and misleading.
14) If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter may, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a relevant authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
15) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage – whether direct, indirect, special or consequential – arising in any way out of this Promotion or the awarding of use of a prize.
16) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications arising from the prize. The winner should seek independent financial advice as to such implications.
18) By entering this Competition, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions.
19) This promotion is solely operated by Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras (the Promoter).