Expressions of interest to have a stall at Mardi Gras Fair Day 2023 have now closed. To be added to the waitlist, please email email@example.com
In 2023, Fair Day along with all the beloved Mardi Gras signature events will form Sydney WorldPride, the first time a WorldPride event has taken place in the Southern Hemisphere. To bring the Sydney WorldPride festival them, GATHER DREAM AMPLIFY, to life at Fair Day we want you and your stall to bring the future to life, and help those who attend Fair Day make their dreams come true at Fair Day Dreamland!
PLEASE NOTE THAT MARDI GRAS IS ACCEPTING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ONLY. CONFIRMATION AND REQUEST FOR PAYMENT WILL OCCUR UPON APPROVAL FROM SGLMG.
Fair Day is a colourful and eclectic marketplace where stallholders can connect with the LGBTQIA+ community. It’s a fantastic place for community groups to meet and recruit new members, for talented designers to sell wares, for entrepreneurs to trial a new product, for businesses to cultivate new customers, and for farmers and food producers to sell produce and gastronomic delights.
Below outlines the costs associated with having a stall at Fair Day.
- Costs below include a market stall
- Costs below are GST inclusive
- Additional costs incurred for equipment and electricity beyond the market stall
|Commercial||Operating for profit as a registered company or |
business, including, retail and services
|2.4m x 2.4m||$1380|
|Double stall||4.8m x 2.4m||$2760|
|Triple stall||7.2m x 2.4m||$4140|
|Food stalls or trucks||Single food stalls||2.4m x 2.4m||$1380|
|Double Food stalls or trucks up to 6m in length||4.8m x 2.4m||$2760|
|Triple Food stalls or trucks up to 9m in length||7.2m x 2.4m||$4140|
|Large Not-For-Profit organisations and services||A stall run by a not-for-profit community/volunteer-run |
organisation of which proof of ‘not for profit’ status must
be provided on request. Annual Revenue of more than
$350,000 (Government organisations, political parties,
national + international NFP, professional sports organisations)
|2.4m x 2.4m||$755|
|Double stall||4.8m x 2.4m||$1510|
|Triple stall||7.2m x 2.4m||$2265|
|Small Not-For-Profit organisations and services||A stall run by a not-for-profit community/volunteer-run |
organisation of which proof of ‘not for profit’ status
must be provided on request. Annual Revenue of
less than $350,000 (LGBTQIA+, Health, Arts, Community
organisations, community sports organisations)
|2.4m x 2.4m||$370|
|Double stall||4.8m x 2.4m||$740|
|Triple stall||7.2m x 2.4m||$1110|
|Artists handmade products||Artisan products produced in small numbers e.g. |
artist made items, hand crafted pet goods
|2.4m x 2.4m||$495|
|Double stall||4.8m x 2.4m||$990|
1. Read the Terms and conditions, which can be found here
2. Complete the online application, including electricity, equipment and any other requirements. You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission.
Ensure you have the following information ready for your application:
- Main contact details
- ABN (if applicable)
- Business / organisation name
- Stall name
- Public liability insurance details
- A description of your stall
- If you are supplying your own stall structure, the engineering certificate needs to be provided, or proof that it meets Australian Standards
Things to consider:
- Do you have a market stall, or will you need it supplied?
- Will you need to hire additional equipment? We can supply a number of items for you, to make your Fair Day easier!
- Does your stall require electricity, and do you know how much power you will draw? Are your leads tested and tagged or less than 12 months old? Additional power requirements cannot be filled on the day.
- What will you do to dress up your stall and make it festive? We have a competition for best stall! Make it has festive as possible!
- Do you have sponsorship or advertising? If so, please contact the Fair Day team.
- Will your team be able to cover your stall for duration of the day from 10am through 6pm or 8pm for food stalls.
- Have you organised Public Liability Insurance and have the details handy? This is an essential requirement.
- How long will it take to set up your stall? Cars are not allowed on site for bump out till approx. 9.30pm
Standard Market Stall configuration is as per the following diagram:
If you wish to use your own tent/stall, your fee will be based on the size of your stall. If your stall is 3 – 6m wide, you will be charged for a double stall, 6-9m at triple.
Stallholders must also have current engineering certificates. SGLMG Production will conduct random inspections of stalls to ensure compliance. No holes or pegs are permitted on the park surface and all structures must be self-standing and suitably weighted.
All food stallholders must comply with the requirements of the City of Sydney for operating a food stall. City of Sydney Council officers will be present to inspect food stalls on Fair Day. The City of Sydney requires all food stallholders to store food in a cool room if stalls are operating for more than three hours. Share cool rooms will be available for hire. The selection of food stalls will be made as soon as possible, and successful applicants will be notified.
Items may not be given away or provided free of charge from Food Stalls. Should any changes be required to the list in your application, SGLMG will contact you. Please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions outlining prohibited items.
Available for hire:
- Electricity 10amp: $245
- Electricity (per additional 10amp outlet): $165
- Electricity 15amp: $275
- Electricity 20amp: $375
- Electricity 32amp 3 phase: $825
- Vehicle Tracking Rental (2 boards): $130
- Chair (each): $15
- Trestle Table (1.8m x 75cm x 75cm): $28
- Food – shared cool room: $250
- Food – Hand Wash Station: $125
As there are only a limited number of powered sites available, stalls requiring power will be grouped together. It is your responsibility to ensure that all electrical appliances, cables and leads on site are appropriately tagged by a qualified electrician in advance. SGLMG Production will conduct random inspections of stalls to ensure compliance with this important request. Equipment hire pricing is inclusive of GST.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific requirement not outlined.
Once approval has been granted, applicants will have 14 days to make payment or their successful EOI will be forfeited.
There is no parking available onsite. Vehicles must be removed from the park by the time specified by SGLMG and may not return to the park until permitted.
- Broadway Shopping Centre Car Park
- Shephard Street Car Park
- University of Sydney Law School Car Park
Partnerships at Mardi Gras showcase the wonderful contribution that businesses make to show support to the LGBTQIA+ community. SGLMG relies on the support of our generous corporate partners and it is important that we identify as early as possible any potential issues or conflicts between our sponsors and our Stallholders.
If you are a commercial entity, please provide details of your business. If you have any sponsorship or advertising arrangements, please indicate this so that we can work with you to resolve any issues well in advance.
Stallholders should note that SGLMG’s arrangements with its partners will take precedence over individual Stallholders’ product or service displays at Fair Day, and we will request modification to the appearance of your stall or the range of products you are selling on the day if they conflict with our contractual arrangement. Where Stallholders commercial operations pose a direct conflict with SGLMG partnership arrangements, you may be advised by SGLMG that your participation in Fair Day may not be possible.
Click here to read our Terms and Conditions PDF. Please ensure you have read, understood and agreed to all Terms and Conditions laid out for Stallholders prior to completing your application. Any breach of the Terms and Conditions may result in cancellation of your application, or closure of your Stall, at any time, without refund.