- JOIN US
- Contact Us
Due to the significant impact of COVID-19, our festival will look a little different to previous years. The priority is to keep everyone safe, while at the same time still ensuring we provide hope, inspiration and celebration to our amazing communities.
Many promoters and community groups are using their inspiring optimism and creativity in reimagining events to comply with the limitations that COVID-19 regulations present. We encourage everyone to celebrate our communities in 2022 through arts and culture.
Registration for festival events opens at 1pm on Thursday 14 October. We invite you to register your event and be part of our festival celebrations.
All benefits included as an Associated Event, plus:
For our 2022 season, we’ve made improvements to our pricing structure to ensure equity for different types of community groups and businesses when it comes to accessing our marketing benefits.
As an example, we acknowledge that a not-for-profit likely has different needs to a commercial organization. With that in mind, we believe our new pricing options will better serve the varying requirements of the diverse groups and companies that join the Mardi Gras Festival program.
The table below breaks down how the Total price is calculated according to the different options available.
A. Name of event and type of organisation
1. In order for your event to be accepted by SGLMG, you must ensure that your event name and title meets the criteria in these Terms & Conditions.
2. You must not use the words:
a) “Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras” or “Mardi Gras”, or “Official” in your presenting credit or event title, because SGLMG is not co-producing or co-presenting your event;
b) “Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras” or “Mardi Gras” or “Official” or "Official Opening" or "Opening Event" or “Official Closing Party/Event” in the title or URL of your event, as it could be interpreted as a Mardi Gras produced event.
3. You must not use our name in your presentation title - this includes:
a) Presented by or with Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
b) Co-presented by or with Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
c) Presented by or with Mardi Gras
d) Co-presented by or with Mardi Gras
e) In Association with Mardi Gras
4. This also includes using the above words in your event names and URLs created online, including social media platforms and ticketing sites.
5. If your event registration is accepted by SGLMG, you will be entitled to use the official Mardi Gras Season Logo on all your marketing collateral to acknowledge you are an officially registered event. The Mardi Gras Season Logo and Guidelines will be issued to you after your event is accepted. You cannot use our logo prior to the Guidelines being issued.
6. When completing your application, you must satisfy the condition of being an LGBTQI+ related event (chosen from one of the categories listed in the selection below).
B. Type of Organisation - Definitions
Your event may be of any kind as long as there are LGBTQI+ people in key roles.
Your event must be themed around, support and/or celebrate the rights, achievements, culture and aspirations of the LGBTQI+ community
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras acknowledges the Gadigal people of the Eora nation, who are the traditional owners of the land on which our celebrations are held on.
We pay our respects to elders past and present and extend that respect to other First Nations peoples.
Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.