EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
2020 Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified event producers for the role of Parade Producer for the 2020 Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Festival.
The contract, based at the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras (SGLMG) offices will involve working closely with the CEO, Creative Director and Executive Producer along with Key Government Agencies and contracted production management and supplier companies from pre-production planning through until full delivery of the Parade on Saturday 29 February 2020.
SYDNEY GAY & LESBIAN MARDI GRAS
SGLMG is the non-for-profit member-based organisation that organises the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade and Festival as well as number of other events throughout the year. SGLMG exists primarily to develop the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras for the benefit of Sydney’s LGBTQI community, the enjoyment of a wider audience and as a global beacon of diversity, acceptance and LGBTQI rights. We aim to raise the visibility of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex communities.
Monday 30 September 2019 – Friday 13 March 2020. Fulltime.
The Parade Producer will be responsible for the operational development and delivery of the 2020 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade. As the Parade Producer you will be required to comprehensively understand the organisations Parade Creative, Marketing and Communications plans to enable the review and development of Parade budgets, operating and delivery plans, employee, volunteer, contractor and physical resource structures, the procurement, supply and management of same.
The position reports to the Executive Producer.
- At least 5 years high level experience as a producer within the events industry
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of event production, management and presentation
- Relevant tertiary qualification in arts and/or events management or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in producing large-scale public events including Event Control Room operations
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with a proven record maintaining strong relationships across numerous stakeholder groups both internal and external
- Comprehensive experience in dealing with Government Agency engagement and management
- Knowledge and understanding of the design and delivery of Traffic Management Plans
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work well under pressure
- Experience in developing and managing event budgets including financial reconciliation and reporting
- Excellent documentation and reporting throughout the event process
- Interest and /or experience of working with the LGBTQI community
- Experienced Community stakeholder engagement and management with diversity and tolerance at its core
- Knowledge of the arts and not-for-profit sector, and in particular events and festivals.
Applications addressing the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages) should be accompanied by a covering letter, curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of three referees addressed to:
Emailed to email@example.com
SGLMG is an equal opportunity employer and encourages expressions of interest from all qualified candidates especially those with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
For enquiries, please call (02) 9383 0900.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 28 August 2019