Come join our team as we plan Mardi Gras 2019! We're now recruiting for a Festival Coordinator, Festival Hub Producer and a Business/Finance Manager.
Since the first march for freedom in 1978, Mardi Gras has grown into a leading international cultural arts festival with a street Parade that has grown to include 12,500 participants and reach a local, online and broadcast audience of over a 13 million people.
Making Mardi Gras happen takes a large team of people. We have year round and seasonal staff to help produce the season, in addition to our committed volunteer teams. We are always interested in knowing more about people who want to be a part of the team.
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras (SGLMG) is the non-for-profit member-based organisation and is one of the oldest, continuously operating LGBTI organisations in Australia. SGLMG was built on the foundations laid by early community activists who fought for LGBTI rights in a time of wide-spread, institutionalised oppression and discrimination. From these origins, SGLMG has evolved to include a strong focus on celebration while maintaining a commitment to social justice for LGBTI communities.
SGLMG encourages applications from a diverse range of applicants. We are an EEO employer and welcome applications from people who identify as sexuality, sex and/or gender diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people who are differently abled.
BUSINESS AND FINANCE MANAGER
SGLMG are in an exciting time of renewal and strategic development and are recruiting for a full time Business and Finance Manager to join the Mardi Gras team in the Oxford Street offices in Darlinghurst NSW.
The Business and Finance Manager works closely with the CEO and Executive Staff to realise SGLMG’s strategic objectives including management of financial and administrative operations of the organisation. The Business and Finance Manager also oversees human resources and financial management associated with SGLMG events and Mardi Gras Festival programs.
They work alongside the Partnerships team in the development of earned income; managing financial reporting to key funders and stakeholders including Destination NSW and City of Sydney and ensuring the CEO and SGLMG Board are fully informed of the organisations financial position.
Key Selection Criteria
- Accounting, finance, administration in a NFP or small-medium business (10+ years)
- Providing management reports to Executive and Board (5+ years)
- Managing employees and volunteers (5+ years)
- Financial accounting, taxation, compliance reporting and budget preparation (10+ years)
- HR/management, payroll administration (5+ years)
- Developing policies, systems and procedures (5+ years)
- Exposure to community-focused and volunteer-based organisations (2-3 years)
- An entrepreneurial approach to growing organisational income from earned source
- Outstanding planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the arts, and in particular contemporary festival operating models
- Experience in facilities oversight, management and development.
- Degree qualifications in accounting, finance or business/commerce, and possession of an accounting qualification (CPA or CA)
- Over $100k - SGLMG offers attractive employment conditions, including salary sacrificing, flexible working conditions including working from home options, and paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
Applications: The full job description can be downloaded as a PDF here. Applications addressing the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages) should be accompanied by a covering letter (maximum 1 page), curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of three referees addressed to Terese Casu, CEO Mardi Gras Arts Ltd. and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
SGLMG is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds, including people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people with disability.
If you require assistance with the application or require an accessible format in large print, please contact the office email@example.com for further inquiries (02) 9383 0900.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 10 September, 2018.