2020 PARADE ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREA
Registrations for the Accessible Viewing Area have fulfilled our capacity. Should we receive any cancellations, this will be redistributed to a wait-list. To be placed on the wait-list, please complete the online registration form. Mardi Gras will contact you if any space becomes available.
Date: Saturday 29 February 2020
Location: Flinders Street between Patterson Lane and Linden Lane
Entry Gate: via Linden Lane
Entry Available: 6:00pm
Enjoy watching the 2020 Parade from a managed accessible viewing area with the following features:
• Flat accessible site
• Unobstructed view of the Parade. Please note that there will be a fence separating the viewing area and the Parade route. This fence will be 400-500 millimetres in height
• Accessible portable toilets available on site
• Dedicated event volunteers and security on site
• A changing places amenity, which includes an adult-sized adjustable change table, ceiling hoist and space for up to two assistants, is available on site
This area does not have any shelter. It is also an alcohol and glass free zone.
We encourage our accessible viewing audience to:
• Bring or wear appropriate weather gear and clothing, whether it is hot or rainy weather
• Bring a lightweight, portable fold-up chair if required. Whilst the accessible viewing area provides a great view of the parade route, accessiblity guests are encouraged to bring their own seating. Seated guests will be positioned along the front of the accessible viewing area to provide the most equitable, dignified and fun experience.
• Bring food or drinks if required
Please be aware that the surrounding areas experience very high levels of pedestrian traffic. Additionally, the nature of the Parade means that there will be loud audio systems and lighting systems coming from the floats.
The accessible viewing area is located on Flinders Street between Patterson Lane and Linden Lane. Entry via Linden Lane.
To help plan your journey to the Parade, information on public transport services or the Mardi Gras accessible transfer services is available here.