- JOIN US
- Contact Us
Introduction and Eligibility
1) Information on how to enter and the prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The Event being promoted is the 2021 Mardi Gras Parade to be held on Saturday 6 March 2021 to be held at the Sydney Cricket Ground at Driver Ave, Moore Park NSW 2021 (“Venue”).
3) The Promoter is Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, ABN 87 102 451 785 (“Promoter”) of Suite 6, 96 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst, NSW, 2010 (“Promoter’s Offices”).
4) Participation in the Promotion is open to all persons who comply with the how to enter requirements.
5) Participation in this Promotion is open to all people who: (a) are 16 years or older, (b) complete the registration process, and (c) provide requested contact or other information and comply with the Promotion’s how to enter requirements (“Eligible Persons”).
6) The promotion starts on Monday 7 December 2020 and closes 11:59pm on Sunday 3 January 2021. (“Promotion Period”).
How to Enter
7) To participate in the Promotion each Eligible person must register and complete the online form to enter the ballot.
8) Entering this ballot more than once will not increase the chances of winning. Only one entry per person will be accepted and considered.
Determination of Winners and Notification
9) This is a game of chance; skill plays no part in determining the winner.
10) A winning person will receive two (2) general admission tickets to attend the 2021 Mardi Gras Parade at the Sydney Cricket Ground. The location of seats will be at the discretion of SGLMG.
11) The prize does not include accommodation, food and beverages, access to any other Festival events or any other travel expense to attend the parade event.
12) The prize winners shall be selected by means of a random draw, during the week after the close of the competition, from all valid entries.
13) The winners will be notified via phone and/or email on Thursday 7 January 2021.
14) Where the Promoter has taken all reasonable steps to notify a winner of the prize without success the prize will be held for 72 hours and if unclaimed, it will be retracted. The Promoter will then award the prize to the next Eligible Person who has complied with the How to Enter requirements. This winner will be notified by phone or email.
15) Should the winner no longer be able to attend the event, the tickets will not be transferred to another event and instead be transferred to the next Eligible Person.
Privacy and Use of Information
16) The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) from entrants to conduct this Promotion and may disclose this PI with regulatory authorities and relevant third parties, including its related entities and the prize suppliers. The Promoter may use this PI for promotional, marketing, research and profiling purposes (including sending electronic messages to or phoning entrants) in accordance with the law and their respective privacy policies. Please see https://www.mardigras.org.au/site-terms-privacy for the Promoter’s policy.
General Matters and Exclusion of Liability
17) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants and disqualify any entrant who submits and entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
18) The Promoter reserves the right to retract the prize should the application be deemed as dishonest, inaccurate and misleading.
19) If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter may, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a relevant authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
20) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage – whether direct, indirect, special or consequential – arising in any way out of this Promotion or the awarding of use of a prize.
21) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications arising from the prize. The winner should seek independent financial advice as to such implications.
23) By entering this ballot, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions.
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras acknowledges the Gadigal people of the Eora nation, who are the traditional owners of the land on which our celebrations are held on.
We pay our respects to elders past and present and extend that respect to other First Nations peoples.
Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.