Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras celebrates the power and beauty of diversity within our social media communities. We primarily use our social media channels to share our news updates and also to provide a voice and platform for everyone within our LGBTQI+ communities to share what is important to them.
We value your thoughts, your interactions and your contributions and we want to provide open forums where conversation is lively and topics can be discussed without fear.
To ensure everyone has an opportunity to participate and engage on our social media channels, we’ve adopted some key guidelines that we ask all users to follow:
- Please be respectful of the opinions of all posters on our page. We encourage everyone to have a voice, and as such, opinions will differ. We simply ask to think before you post. You can debate and be constructive without being hurtful in your comments and posts.
- SGLMG page is about open dialogue and relationships, not about spam. Please keep all comments related to the subject matter of the post, as off-topic or spam posts are subject to deletion.
- We will not tolerate posts that could offend another member of our community. We reserve the right to remove postings which:
- Are likely to be or is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive
- Are discriminatory including, but not limited to, on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion or disability
- Employ sexual appeal in a manner which is exploitative, humiliating and degrading of any individual or group of people
- Contain violence, harmful and graphic content or promotes or endorses violence, illegal or harmful activities
- Contain content that violates another person’s rights including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Contain content which is potentially inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, indecent or otherwise objectionable, inappropriate or otherwise inconsistent with the SGLMG brand
- Are considered cyber trolling or bullying in nature
- Use offensive, obscene or inappropriate language
- Are written in anything other language than English
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Contain third party advertising and links, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of spam.
It is at SGLMG's sole discretion as to what content is deemed offensive, inappropriate or objectionable and whether it will remove any content that it considers does not comply with these guidelines. SGLMG reserves the right to remove any content that is inconsistent with the guidelines.
By posting and commenting on our social media pages you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to abide by the SGLMG Social Media Guidelines as laid out above.
If you have complaints regarding any of the content posted on this page or in the event that you feel the need to communicate with SGLMG direct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we will endeavour to respond in a timely manner.