Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras (SGLMG) is the non-for-profit member-based organisation that organises the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade and Festival as well as a number of other events throughout the year. SGLMG exists primarily to develop the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras for the benefit of Sydney’s LGBTQI community, the enjoyment of a wider audience and as a global beacon of diversity, acceptance and LGBTQI rights.
We aim to raise the visibility of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex communities.
We do this through:
- Providing the opportunity for LGBTQI individuals and groups to use the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras as a statement of pride and to promote a broader message of diversity and acceptance;
- Anchoring the Parade in a broader program of cultural and social activities for the enjoyment of local audiences and to attract visitors to Sydney;
- Providing resources and opportunities to our community for creative and political expression;
- Embracing individuals and groups from the broader community who share our vision;
- Constantly improving creativity and production values on our events, including bringing the world’s best artists, thinkers and entertainers to Sydney.
Our chief sources of funds are events such as Mardi Gras Party and sponsorship. These allow us to put on the Parade and to cover the costs of other events such as Fair Day.
In short, our purpose and action for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is:
We inspire the world to love each other by celebrating the power and beauty of diversity.
If you would like to learn more about Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, you can download the following documents:
- Annual Report 2016-2017
- Annual Report 2015-2016
- Annual Report 2014-2015
- Annual Report 2013-2014
- Annual Report 2012-2013
- Annual Report 2011-2012
- Annual Report 2010-2011
- Annual Report 2009-2010
- Annual Report 2008-2009
- Annual Report 2007-2008
- Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Limited Constitution
- Mardi Gras Arts Limited Constitution