Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras (SGLMG) is the non-for-profit member-based organisation that organises the Sydney Mardi Gras Parade and Festival as well as number of other events throughout the year.
SGLMG exists primarily to develop the Sydney Mardi Gras for the benefit of Sydney’s LGBTQI community, the enjoyment of a wider audience and as a global beacon of diversity, acceptance and LGBTQI rights. We aim to raise the visibility of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex communities.
We do this through:
- Providing the opportunity for LGBTQI individuals and groups to use the Sydney Mardi Gras as a statement of pride and to promote a broader message of diversity and acceptance;
- Anchoring the Parade in a broader program of cultural and social activities for the enjoyment of local audiences and to attract visitors to Sydney;
- Providing resources and opportunities to our community for creative and political expression;
- Embracing individuals and groups from the broader community who share our vision;
- Constantly improving creativity and production values on our events, including bringing the world’s best artists, thinkers and entertainers to Sydney.
The purpose and action which we have developed for the Sydney Mardi Gras, our key festival and Parade held in Sydney each year is: We inspire the world to love each other by celebrating the power and beauty of diversity.
Our chief sources of funds are events such as Mardi Gras Party and sponsorship. These allow us to put on the Parade and to cover the costs of other events such as Fair Day.
Interested in donating to Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras? Show us your support and Donate!
If you would like to learn more about Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras you can read our following documents;
- Annual Report 2011-2012
- Annual Report 2010-2011
- Annual Report 2009 – 2010
- Annual Report 2008-2009
- Annual Report 2007-2008
- Our 3 Year Strategic Plan
- Our Constitution
We would also like to highlight our trademarks and our policy on use of our trademarks.