Join our Mardi Gras family
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras has thousands of members who are with us every step of the way as we connect, share and cherish the very best in local LGBTIQ culture and community.
Your support means more LGBTQI communities can connect through Mardi Gras and have a voice to celebrate with pride and hope. Our festival is a life-changing experience for LGBTQI people who face barriers for loving who they love and being who they want to be.
Here are the benefits that Mardi Gras members receive:
- You'll be sent your own Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Membership Card.
- You'll be the first to access tickets when our biggest events go on sale, and you’ll be able to purchase tickets at substantially reduced prices for a limited time.
- You'll be invited to our annual festival Launch event and special post-Mardi Gras festival thank you event.
You'll get voting rights at the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras AGM, and the option of voting rights at the Mardi Gras Arts Ltd AGM, giving you a voice in how our organisation is governed.
- You'll get special offers from our event partners throughout our festival season and beyond, including reduced booking prices and special VIP offers no one else can access.
Other benefits for Mardi Gras members:
- 10% discount off all books, DVDs, magazines and cards at The Bookshop Darlinghurst on Oxford Street - just show them your membership card in-store.
- Receive a 10% discount off online orders with Scotchmans Hill Wines. Excludes sale items.
- Receive 10% off storewide at ASN - Australian Sports Nutrition at 79 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst.
- A 30% discount offer on 12-month memberships to City Gym on Crown Street when you show your Mardi Gras membership card during the sign-up process.
- 10% discount off non-sale products at Oxford Street's Daly Male - just show them your membership card in-store.
$8.50 pints and $7 house spirits and wine all day Monday-Thursday at the Beresford Hotel - just show the bartender your membership card.
- Happy hours 5-7pm at the Imperial Hotel in Erskineville: $6 house wines and house spirits, $6 beers (Carlton, Hahn Super Dry, New) - just show the bartender your membership card.
- Oxford Street's Stonewall Hotel offers a Stonewall Card to all Mardi Gras members, giving 5% off all purchases anytime excluding Happy Hour.
- 10% discount of all food and drinks at Bear Bar, Sydney's small gay bar - just show your membership card.
This is your opportunity to join a lively organisation of passionate people creating one of the world’s best LGBTQI festivals.
Sign up to become a Mardi Gras member and we'll send you your Membership Card in the mail.
Keep an eye on your email inbox for updates, special offers and event news!
A year's membership to Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras costs $50, or $40 concession.
Sign up by these key dates each month for your membership to be approved:
5pm Thurs 23rd: Approval cut-off
Wed 29th: Members approved
5pm Thurs 20th: Approval cut-off
Wed 26th: Members approved
5pm Thurs 17th: Approval cut-off
Wed 23rd: Members approved
5pm Thurs 22nd: Approval cut-off
Wed 28th: Members approved
5pm Thurs 19th: Approval cut-off
Wed 25th: Members approved
Are you a 78er? 78ers are eligible for Lifetime Membership of Mardi Gras with no membership fees. Email email@example.com to find out more.
Any questions? If you have queries about Mardi Gras Membership, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.