Accessible Parade Viewing Area
The Sydney Mardi Gras Parade is a celebration of love, unity, inclusion and equality – for everyone.
Our Parade Accessible Viewing Area is located on Flinders Street and aims to provide a safe and comfortable environment for People with Disability to enjoy the Parade.
The area is free by registration, and approved registrants will receive a unique code to redeem tickets. Tickets are only available until allocation is exhausted.
Click ‘Book Now’ to register.
Date: Saturday 2 March 2024
Location: Flinders Street between Patterson Lane and Linden Lane
Entry Gate: Corner of Linden Lane and Bourke Street, Surry Hills
Entry Available: 6:00PM
The Sydney Mardi Gras Parade is a celebration of love, equality, inclusion and pride – most of all, it’s for everyone. We have a free accessible Parade viewing area which has the following features:
• Flat accessible site.
• Unobstructed view of the Parade. Please note that there will be a fence separating the viewing area and the Parade route. This fence will be 400-500 millimetres in height.
• Accessible portable toilets.
• A “Quiet Room” – a dedicated enclosed marquee where you can go if you are feeling overwhelmed or need to take a break. Assisted by Autism Spectrum Australia /Aspect.
• Dedicated event volunteers and security.
• Charging point for electric wheelchairs.
• Alcohol and glass free zone.
• Changing Places Amenity Unit. This is wheelchair-accessible, has a toilet and sink with adjustable handrails, and a powered para mobility adjustable height change table.
Please note, this area does not have any shelter, we encourage our accessible viewing audience to:
• Bring or wear appropriate weather gear and clothing
• Bring food or non-alcoholic drinks.
Please be aware that the surrounding areas experience very high levels of pedestrian traffic. Additionally, the nature of the Parade means that there will be loud audio and lighting systems coming from the floats.
The accessible viewing area is located on Flinders Street between Patterson Lane and Linden Lane. Entry via Linden Lane, corner of Bourke St, Surry Hills. The Parade Route Map will be available in late 2023.
To help plan your journey to the Parade, information on public transport services or the Mardi Gras accessible transfer services is available here.
HOW TO REGISTER
As the accessible viewing area has limited spaces available, we encourage you to register early to secure your Parade viewing experience. This process will begin in November 2023.
1. Complete the online registration form (available from November 2023). Click here to subscribe to our Mardi Gras e-newsletter to keep up to date with all things Mardi Gras
2. You will receive an automated email confirming your online registration has been submitted. Please note, this is a confirmation receipt of your registration submission and does not guarantee you a ticket.
3. We will contact you within 5 business days to confirm registration and discuss travelling to and from the Parade.
4. To gain entry into the Parade Accessible Viewing Area, all registered access guests will be required to wear event accreditation. These are wristbands which will be provided at the entry gate upon scanning your ticket.
For further information pertaining to accessibility requirements and information for SGLMG Parade 2024 – Please refer to our visual story here.